View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rating rods by rolling dice.

Hey Jackster,
Since getting involved with bamboo rods, I've been wondering why graphite
makers don't publish tapers like the cane guys. I know much of the taper
info for retired cane makers is derived by someone simply measuring the
rods' tapers, but I've never seen anyone do this for graphite. Of course the
type of graphite muddys the water with graphite tapers, but.......

Regarding CCS: According to that chart (which I've seen before), a Tom Morgan Favorite is really a 2.5wt. Makes you wonder, since so many people
loved that rod. The Sage XP's are dead on according to CCS, but George Anderson has written that the XP's were a full line size too stiff.

P.S. I wonder how many of the rods listed on that CCS table were cast with the CCS wt line. I did notice that some
of those who measured particular rods noted that a certain rod cast best with a different line weight, but that was an
exception. It seems that cane rod makers determine a line rating after a rod is built.....

Last edited by FrankB2; 11-22-2009 at 11:35 PM.