View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rating rods by rolling dice.

And the only time I cast for distance is when I'm fishing stillwaters. Actually, the past couple months, I've shortened my casting to 30'-50' for an experiment. So distance is no big deal.
I strive for accuracy in moving waters. There's too much mending on a river if you're casting 60' or more unless your using a two hander (let alone try to hook a fish at 65'.) So 10'- 30' casts are normal for me. The BIIx is pretty much a 6w rod that I use 6w floating and on lakes I used 7w sinking sometimes. Doesn't affect it at all.
For my rods, and Joni does the same, we'll cast just about every line (brand, weight and type) we have to see which hand fits the glove.
Like I said in an earlier post, my rods like SS. The 4w's and under 'glass seem to like the DT and the 5w and above like the WF. I have a 4w Steffan 7' that loves the Rio STII 3w line.
I'm with Jack and what he posted. Get the weight rod you like and then use a line weight for what your fishing for.