View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Columbia South Carolina according to thier website, since 1982. Seems like they have been a US based company a long time, though they did have a subsidiary in Canada. They have been around since 1896. Looks like they created a company called Columbia Products Inc in 1947. Not sure if it is the same. Anyway heres a link about Shakespeare company if your interested.

Back to reels.

I have two Redington CD reels, a 5/6 and a 3/4 both with spare spools. Since i had spent most of my time fishing line holder reels, these were the first ones I bought that cost more then $50.00 So, they are probably my favorite reels right now.

I did just buy (on sale for half price mind you) a Cabela RLS2 LA reel, but have not fished it yet - it seems like a decent reel so maybe it will be nice to use.

d