View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most effective cast for distance?

For me, not all casts are as effective for banging a cast out into a new zip code. I can't come out of a snake roll and shoot line as far as with a circle spey. Although I did a cackhanded snake roll this summer that shocked me. Put 130' out like a chalk line. I use the term circle spey as a seperate cast than a snap T even though they are technically the same cast. The way I do a snap T there is the 'snap' pause, sweep into start position and fire. In a circle spey I make the snap as a sweep and nonstop sweep back over and into the start position and shooting line without ever stopping the rod. I do it each way for a few reasons. I can't shoot line really far in a single spey unless I perry poke first. Still not every time I do that will the line shoot as far as I'd like it to. Coming out of the circle spey shoots line out to the reel every time for me. I can shoot the whole fly line that way. I was wondering what cast works best for you guys and why you think it does.