View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Since there were threads started on three weights over the past 48 or so hours, I thought that I'd post a picture of the reel that I use on my three weight rod.

Click the image to open in full size.

It's an Abel TR1 that I purchased around 2004. It has been used at least 50 fishing days. Keep in mind that I mostly fish five and six weights. I'm sure that the reel will get more use in the future. This reel was not made with a single piece of plastic on it. Every piece of metal (except the spring) was machined to Steve Abel's specs at the Abel factory. That includes the screws. Talk about quality control.

I use this reel with a Sage 383-4 SLT. It is spooled with a Scientific Anglers Trout Taper DT3F. I had an unexpected 17" Brown Trout fought off of the reel. It did not bird's nest the line when the fish decided to take some line.

MP