View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing Retailer show heading for a new home in 2010

I heard stories of FFR going to a new location, but to have multiple shows would be insane. The cost to put up one show is expensive. What kind of attendance numbers are expected? My guess is a low number. Many shop owners won't go to FFR because of the cost. Keep in mind that these are small businesses that are happy to keep their cost sheets in the black.

I'm not sure about other regions, but the different sales reps in Northern California have been good to the shop that I work at showing next year's products before it's time to write preseason orders. Because of this, there is no need to spend the money to travel to Denver (from Sacramento County, CA).

My shop manager/buyer made the trip to Denver in 2007. He had some spare airlines miles that he had to use up, so he didn't have to pay for airfare. Besides meeting some old friends, he reallized that he didn't need to attend. Everything would have been covered by rep visits.

MP