View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Old Fly, Tied For Fun

I was clearing out a wet fly wallet to make room for new ties and came across this. I did this about a year and a half ago and had forgotten about it. It is fishable but appears I was just fooling around with streamers and made it. It's a little lumpy around the tip but still pretty.

Let's call it Golden Brown;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

If you want one here's the............. Tying Recipe

Hook: Old Stock, Mustad 3665A 8X long
Thread: Black
Tag: Flat gold tinsel
Tip: Golden yellow floss
Body: Black floss
Ribbing: Golden floss followed by heavy gold oval tinsel
Throat: Golden bucktail sparse over which are a bunch of peacock herl both to the bend of the hook
Wing: Four dark brown saddle hackle
Shoulders: Guinea flank dyed golden yellow
Cheeks: Jungle cock nails
Topping: A golden pheasant crest as long as the wing

The more I look at this, if you make them shorter on a size 4 maybe they would be a good streamer for any kind of trout.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;