Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:27 PM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough
Question advice

hi i have a few questions and need some help in answering them and would be great if some of you could help me out
i have a 6/7 greys rod with a scierra ic3 7/8 fly reel till i can save up some pennies to get a better one and will be fishing mainly for trout but hopefully the bigger trout lol mainly in rivers and streams
so first question
1: what breaking strain backing should i get i'm looking at 30lb as i want to be safe but is this overkill lol

2: what breaking strain tippert flurocarbon should i get to begin with this i have no idea about or should i get a varitey if so what ones do you advise

3: i have seen some blue fly lines but they all seem to be intermediate and really want a floating line (i know i'm wiered but want a unusall colour fly line as most fly fishers i have seen alll seem to have yellow or mint green lines which i find kinda dull and boring no offence toall those who use them ) so if anyone knows wherei can get blue or another bright uncommon colour would be great

vince