View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Upper Clackamas Bull Trout Reintroduction

Hi badfishunter,

Thanks for sharing this information. I don't know how I feel about it or if it is good or bad for the Clackamas. When I lived in the area I thought the Oregon Fish and Wildlife had a good handle on stocking and tried to keep stocked fish out of native fish habitat. I am afraid that over the years they have lost ground on that effort.

The Salmon and Steelhead in the Northwest are under a lot of stress and maybe this is a poor time to introduce Bull Trout back into the Clackamas. Wouldn't it be better to build up the Salmon stocks and then attempt to bring back the Bull Trout? I don't know the answer but I think the Salmon and Steelhead are of higher importance to fishers.

Frank