View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salmon Fly Swap?

I should take more business trips (just kidding - absolutely, just kidding!); come back and we have a full swap with 12 members. Check the first post for the full roster of tyers and the designations that I have so far.

Be sure to send me your pattern when you've made a decision on it and I'll post it to the thread.

I'm also adding my address to the first post, so that you'll have all of the relevant information in one place and with easy access.

This is going to be a great swap!

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I got lottsa deer hair so I will do a bomber. I will pick up the hooks this weekend.
Here is what it will look like. Time consuming but fun!

Click the image to open in full size.
Joni,

Nice Bomber tie. I've been seeing Bomber patterns for years up in Maine and a lot of them have been changed so much that they don't look anything like the original pattern. Yours looks a lot like the original.

According to Paul Marriner, Modern Atlantic Salmon Flies, the Bomber was developed by one Reverend Elmer Smith, who adapted if from a Deer Hair Mouse pattern that he used to fish for sea run Browns on the Royal River in Yarmouth, ME. That river is about 5 miles, as the crow flies, from our cottage and we spend a lot of time on that river each year. So, having that dry to work with next season will be a lot of fun for me.

By the way, is that a trout in the background getting ready to go for that Bomber!?! I sure hope so - because there aren't any Salmon left in the Royal River - LOL!

Last edited by Pocono; 12-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.