View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats' the Best productive stream you've ever fished

My best trout days are on Shell creek in the big horns, Wyoming. Its on the way from Greybull to Sheridan, not easy to get to and envolves climbing. I never go down into the canyon for just a day but always spend the night to make the trek worth it. The river drops elevation fast creating a string of 30 +/- foot wide/long pools, a serious length of rough pocket water about midway streaches 100' or so otherwise its pools and small falls for two miles. the pools are deep and trees overhang but not so low as to be in the way of roll casts. when a band of sunlight gets to the water, you can see trout swimming though it consistantly at all levels of the water column. No one fishes this, at least not often. Its 20 miles from the big horn river, 70 miles from Cody...simply too many big name fishing destinations for most people to stop.

Its similar all over the big horn range's several creeks and lakes. You can fish and hike for days and not see another human. I've fished places I believe hadn't been fished in years if ever, at least there was no sign...no trails, no trash, nothing but years of undisterbed cycles of nature.

I've got another class reunion in June and I'm truly torn between going on up to fort smith, Montana (bighorn river lodge) and float the upper bighorn ($$$) or stay with old friends in Greybull and fish from there (practically free). I'll have 4 days...problem is no one I still know there fish's anymore let alone flyfish and I'm pretty sure I'd best not go it alone.

Anyone care to join me? If so, we can stay here http://www.kedesh.com/

Last edited by futuramille; 12-14-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: added destination accomodations