View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: New Switch Rod or stay w/ 9' 8 weight?

Physical therapists for Pro-pitchers recommended fly fishing off season, because it builds up muscles around the joint. Light weight, many reps. I fish a lot and year-round, the wear builds up, so I'm happy I found the switch thing. It isn't for everyone on all waters or every style, but hot damn it's fun!
I fish "far away" quite a bit. My stats suffer because of all the slack in the system, but I do enjoy shocking a big fish to jump "over there", the switch set up has added to the range that I can do this. On our water I can easily cast 60+ft. upstream, then maintain that line downstream the same or much further. Kind of scary power. 120+ feet of water covered in a drift. You can surgically cover a a river side to side without wading deeper than one's ankles or make an overhead cast. How cool is that? But maybe we shouldn't talk about this in public, wouldn't want to see this catch on! Did I answer the question?
Maybe take both the nine and a switch.

Bigfly