View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: whats a good distance

Dave, you said it. As flows change so do tactics. Wading the middle and fishing the edges is a good approach on the T when possible.
I fish surgically, hitting every seam, say every six inches or ft. while casting my way out there. Like you said too, fewer steps between casts is also key, stealth is good. If you break up your sonic profile, many times you can ease up right next to them.
As much as I like fishing "over-there", catching them a rod length away is very fun and statistically much better.
One good rule of thumb, is to keep the number of seams your line crosses to a minimum. As soon as I feel I'm straining for any reason, (Drifts, distance, whatever), I move.
PS. you have 4-5 times more water down there, compared to us up here, fish it man!

Bigfly

Last edited by Bigfly; 12-16-2009 at 09:36 PM.