View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: whats a good distance

You reminded me of a funny story, I had been fishing the T, had a couple hits, but flow was down and fish were spooking easy. I snapped a fly off on something submerged, so pulled everything in, it was getting to be dusk, and I was having trouble tying on a #16 copper john (my eyes are going), well it took me a good 5 minutes to rerig my tippet and get the fly tied on. during this time I hadn't moved at all.....

Well, got everything tied on, and dropped the fly in the water while I stripped up the slack line, about the time I got the slack in my hand, my indicator, about 5 ft to my left, went under. low and behold a 12 inch bow had grabbed the copper. Apparently he found that my legs were providing a break in the current, and when that CJ was just sitting there for a few seconds decided he wanted a snack. LOL I still chuckle when i think about this - sure taught me to strip all the way back instead of recasting 10 feet away