View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: hi all, got a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRD View Post
I did take a look at my rod I have now. It is a Penn (Brand) 8 foot weight 6/7and has a martin reel. I sopose that the reel will be fine, but how about the rod. Should I keep this rod/reel for the larger fish and get a new rod/reel for the smaller fish. Like a 4/5 wt rod?
Hi Zak,

There are so many good rods out there that you should be able to find something to meet your requirements. To help you we need to know what is the budget for a rod. I think that your present rod will do for bass poppers and the bigger flies. A 5wt would serve you for the pan fish and trout. I suggest you consider a 9' length. If you don't like your present rod you might consider a 6wt instead of the 5wt. You should be getting more than 25 feet with your rod. Either it is a poor rod or you need to improve you casting. You might consider one of the casting videos or DVD. Of course even after you become proficient with you casting most of your fish will still be caught under 35 feet.

Frank