View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 11:30 AM

tie one on will become famous soon enoughtie one on will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hi all, got a few questions

I tend to agree with most everyone else, almost. You willfind that that there can be many options on what you chooseto buy & use. Visit a local fly shop, talk to them as well ashere on this site.If you are fishing for panfish & smaller bass I would recommenda decent 9' 5wt rod/reel combo. With that small of fish I do notuse the reel to land the fish & I do not believe you need aupscale reel. Why spend the money on a reel (let's say more than$100) if you don't have the need to use some upscale dragsystem to land the fish. I'd rather not, but again everyone'sopinion is their own. Check with Steve at The Full Creel (startedthis website) I'm sure he could set you up.I love catching bluegill on a fly rod. I have a 8'6" 3wt outfit justfor that purpose that I got thru Cabela's. I guess my best adviceis to do some research before you buy. If you are not sure aboutwhether or not you'll like it I'd buy a lower priced outfit. You canalways upgrade later if you desire.Enjoy,Tie One On