View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many fish fourums do you visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
as Dan has said before me, rather political and perhaps a bit snooty. I have no use for 'snooty' and I have not ever logged on to them again.

Ard
There was a guy who wrote article for fly magazines named William G. Tappley, who unfortunately passed away recently. He wrote an article a while back where a talked about a guy who asked him how to get started in fly fishing. Tappley replied "Are you sure you want to be a fly fisherman? We're horrible snobs you know." I thought it was funny. Unfortunately, it is also true in some cases. There is a forum where where the politics and snooty nonsense has kind of turned me off on it. There are a couple of amazing tyers on it, and I check their posts, but other than that they could shut down and not hurt my feelings at all. It may be the same site Ard is talking about. Sounds like it anyway.