View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two-Hand/Spey Fly Rods For Bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
I can't think of any situations where i would want to use a spey rod on E TX lakes for bass. If you're wanting to be able to cast over 100' from the bank, you're always gonna be best off with a spinning or casting rig. Either that, or look into a "shooting head" set-up for distance casting.
Round here, spey or switch (which is going to be a little easier to handle) is a big plus. Great on rivers for mending or even hi-sticking so to speak, plus can get out even on windy days. The only fishing I did in Texas was off the Gulf and completely different ballgame. Never fished any of the rivers or even the lakes for Bass, but don't knock it till you try it. Spey is becoming real popular but unlike fly fishing I would think a teacher is a MUST. To learn the swirls and all the great stuff that goes with spey. However, that switch would just be an extention on what you already got.
By the way, I can cast into my backing with ease on my 10'. I know I probably won't be doing that on water, but I can see the advantage in a tube or toon.