View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Two-Hand/Spey Fly Rods For Bass?

Woohoo! I honestly want to thank you two for attacking my post. I jumped to conclusions that were unfounded and possibly condescending, and I apologize for doing so. EastTexas, you were absolutely right to seek out spey gear as a way to get both hands involved in applying power to the rod/cast. Using a two handed rod will allow you to apply power with the unaffected limb and also might be a Godsend when it comes to casting from the bank and avoiding the trees and such behind you.

I've never had to work around a pulled arm muscle, but I am learning how to work around carpal tunnel, or possibly just wrist-area tendonitis in my casting. Using both hands to cast makes more sense in many ways and I think this method will become more and more popular in coming years.

Learning to cast a two handed rod efficiently on stillwaters will be a bit of a challenge, but probably not much more so than getting the timing of a double haul just right.

Good luck to you, and feel free to consult sexyloops.com for further advice. Its content is much more tame than the title would suggest.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.