View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: what to do with all the streamers

GVC,

If you simply wish to share the work you could post photographs of the flies along with their names on sites like this forum. Tiers such as myself would in all likelihood replicate the patterns and since they are original work of Mr. Murry we would retain the name of the fly and credit the originator as opposed to claiming the patterns as our own.

You could also contact the Maine State Historical Society to see if they would be interested in having some specimens for display withing the areas of Greenville, Jackman, and Millinocket. These would be towns close to where Mr. Murry lived, guided , and practiced his tying craft. This would perhaps be my first venue if I were seeking to establish a legacy for his fly tying skills.

There is also the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum, they may be interested in some specimens of the work and whatever historical evidence you may have pertaining to Mr. Murry's experiences and accomplishments.

Ard Stetts

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;