View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the search for the perfect fly rod???

I agree totally with Cliff on this one with maybe one exception. The Superfine's.
My Far and fine cast as delicate as any four weight, but it is a one of a kind rod.
As I have said in the past, I have a tip flex T3 in a six weight and I recently purchased the 7.5 Mid-Flex Zero in a six weight. The Zero Gravity is an effortless rod to cast and I think I made a good choice in going with the mid-flex. The T3 has it's place when casting big flies, very heavy line, and straight in the wind, but my Zero is a great all around rod. My other six weight is an 8 foot McFarland glass which is more for the dries and easy hook setting on stillwater.
I am also discovering that every rod out there has it's preference to line. I am a WF fan but do have the Triangle Taper and the DT. Both those lines work real well on a couple of rods I own, but my WF works on all.
If only it was simple. LOL
I go with Orvis all the way for obvious reasons, and it all works very well together.