Thread: learning rod
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: learning rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightlines57 View Post
Better yet, get yourself a new rod and let her learn on your old rod. If she really likes fly fishing then get her a rod that will best fit her style,

Sorry, but I think that is why there is less GIRL FRIENDS or WIFES fly fishing.
When my husband and I started (many years ago) He built his first fly rod, I in turn got the Sage DS(one of the nice old ones). His broke so he took the sage and I ended up with a Pflueger. I hated that rod and therefore I hated fly fishing.
Later I bought him a six piece Winston and I got the Sage back. I now loved FF cause this was the rod I originally picked.
Since then I have made my own decision on all my gear and Now I guide, I teach etc.
All I am saying, is if you want her to get into it, don't give her hand me downs, let her pick. Let her see the price.
Remember, the better outfit the easier it will be to sell or even keep for yourself.