Thread: Knot a problem
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Knot a problem

Hi tjc,

Where were you fishing in Alaska. Was it a trip or do you live there?

I am a little confused with your comment about "Red Fire Wire." I am not familiar with it. Is it a hook or a leader?

Using the clinch with the heavier tippet you may need to reduce the number of wraps. I suggest you try an Improved Clinch Knot or a Uni Knot. You say it is breaking at the loop and that is not how a knot usually falls. Knots generally fail because they slip. Maybe you have some old Trelene and it was breaking. If you are using a fine wire hook I guess it could cut the tippet at the knot but that would also be unusual. A fine wire hook would not be my choice for Alaska.

Frank