Thread: learning rod
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: learning rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookbasser View Post
Go to walmart and buy her a Shakespeare 8.5 foot #5/6 starter kit for 20.00, and start her on that. Then when she has masterted the basics and still wants to fish..... buy her a Sage or an Orvis. Save your cash at the start and be sure she will stay with it. Reverse psych, buy her the rod you always wanted..... if she quits you have a new rod ...if she stays.... you have a new rod. Can't lose.....
I think I have to disagree with you on this one. I have not cast that particular Shakespeare rod but how good can it be for $20 including a reel and line. I think it is a BIG, BIG mistake to start any new fly fisher out with a poor casting setup.-----Frank