View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM

mtflyfishguide will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to mtflyfishguide
Default Re: First Time and Last Time

Before I started guiding for a living I fished a ton and eventually found my own spots that were uncrowded. There are inconsiderate people everywhere but for the most part flyfisherman are polite and nonconfrontational. I'm sorry that you had that experience. Our guides and myself yield to all shore anglers, I have my clients pull /hold their flyline and we never row over water that other anglers are fishing. I'll row at least 100 yards or so until we are clear and start fishing again. I've had guys ask what flies are working, and have stopped and given people a few. Karma means a lot when you are on a river 200 days a year. I also try to find water that doesn't have a lot of boat traffic, and luckily where I guide/ western MT, we have 5 rivers and 400 miles of public dry fly fishing within an hours drive in four directions.
I hope that you can find solitude and enjoyment with your from your fishing, if you are in western MT I'll point you in the right direction to streams and rivers that should have very few jackass anglers and some wonderful fishing with serenity
take care
Brooks JessenMontana Fly Fishing, Missoula Montana, Montana Fly Fishing for Trout. Classic Journey Outfitters.[/url]