View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Montcopo is on a distinguished road
Default US Youth Fly Fishing Team

My name is Rich Reedinger. I am the Team Manager for the US Youth Fly Fishing Team. We are the only official US Youth team sanctioned by FIPS-Mouche, the international sanctioning body for fly fishing competitions. I am posting this note here in the hope that anyone aspiring to learn more about competitive fly fishing and would like to attend a clinic to develop skills and possibly be invited to join the US Youth team to compete in various countries around the world. For example, next summer we will be fishing in Slovakia against 15 to 20 teams from all over for the World Championship of Youth Fly Fishing. The following year (2011) we will be in Italy.
We are accepting applications for our Spring Clinic to be held on May 7,8 and 9th, 2010 in Lamar, PA on the famous Fishing Creek. We are limited to 40 applicants and we will be selecting kids for the open spots on the team at this clinic. The age group is 14 to 18 yrs of age. We will accept younger applicants, if space is available. Our coaches and trainers are among the best in the US and most have competed internationally on the Senior US Team. If you are interested, please visit the team website at [url]www.usyouthflyfishingteam.com. You can email me directly at manager@usyouthflyfishingteam.com if you have any specific questions. If you cannot make this clinic, we will be holding a second clinic in Nye, Montana during August, 2010. Check our website for further info when dates are firm.