View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: i would like to get started in fly tying

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon78 View Post
i would like to get started in fly tying, but need all the materials, how much would it cost me to get a decent set up and what all am i gonna need. also is it hard to learn?

and i found this, is it any good? http://store.beekflies.com/prflytykit.html
id mainly be tying trout flys and some terrestrials
Hi Brandon, I suggest you go to The Fly Shop and look at their fly tying stuff. This site has very good pictures of the items. This kit may be a good choice. The tool won't be great but you can up grade if you are interested. If you want to get real serious, then Kaufman's has some great kits but are spendy. --------Frank--------- Umpqua Deluxe Fly Tying KitThe Fly Shop staff recommends this kit highly for beginning fly tiers.• Well thought out materials for most flies that you'll need to begin tying.• A fine beginners vise with good jaws.• Highest quality Tiemco, Edgin tools included• A practical, useful selection of hooks from Tiemco• Quality materials to get you started.• A useful fly tying manual• Sample flies are included! #1967