View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:27 AM

DullHook is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing From Shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
#1. How well and far can you cast a fly
Well, back when I was fishing on the rivers here there was never a need to cast further than 40-50 at max. Most of the time only 20 feet was all that was needed. On the ponds and lakes that I fish, I generally catch fish fairly close to shore. Last year I caught 15-20 fish about 15' from shore.
Quote:
#2. What is the surrounding area like that you will be fishing from. Any obsticles to get in the way.
On one of the local lakes that I fish at alot I have maybe 20-25' or so behind me before I will be into trees. Moving on around I will have an infinite amount of space behind me but the water has never been that prodcutive on that side. Elswhere, I generally have plenty of room although sometimes I might be casting from a floating dock.
Quote:
#3 How clear is the water, can they see you.
Obviously it varies from place to plave but generally water is stained and sometimes mirky.
Quote:
#4. Do you have a sink tip or a sinking line that you are comfortable casting due to the weight of the line.
At this moment, I have no fly fishing gear. I always borrowed my friends when we hit the rivers.