View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: What flies to use this time of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishnflowers View Post
Like we were talking about in the other thread, and as I am sure they will tell you when you call them, they still feed the trout in the stream with beetles, so I would head to the stream with at least a dozen black foam beetles. I tie in a yellow foam dot at the top to make it easy to see the fly on the water. It is a spring so the water temperature doesn't change much, so the trout's behavior should remain about the same year round. Good luck and have fun getting back into the sport! Fill us in on how you do when you get back!
Feed the trout with beettles, when did they start that? I have fished that river all my life and never heard that. Not saying your wrong at all, just wondering when that started that.
Bear
P.S. Another standard local fly is just some lead wire wraped around a nymph hook then painted white.