View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fishing plans for this year?

I was just curious what fishing opportunities folks are anticipating once we hit spring and summer? Kansas is warmwater territory, so I'll be fishing for those species.

As for myself, I've got several things I want to try:

1. Wipers--there are a couple of lakes stocked with these within an hour's drive. I'm hoping to get one that takes me into my backing. Never caught one on a fly.

2. Carp--never tried this either but have some potentially good places to give this a shot

3. Exploring a new pond-- As some of you know, I'm a priest and monk.This year during deer season I was hunting some property the monastery owns and decided to do some exploring. I stumbled across a pond that none of the monks but our business manager knew about. It's well off the beaten path and probably hasn't been fished by anybody, unless they were willing to take a long hike and jump several fences. I'm not even sure if it's got fish. If it does, I've got a place to fish all to myself.

4. I'll be heading to southern Michigan/southern Ontario for family visits this summer. A trip to a smallmouth stream in Michigan and a shot at pike in Ontario are probable. Now, if I could just tempt a relative to drive up to the Au Sable for a day or two . . .