View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Food saver vs Handi vac need advice

Hi thonyb,

I have used my Game Saver Pro for 8 years with no problem. It is true that the pumps are made from plastic but they seem to last. I think the ones that don't hold up are the very inexpensive ones. The Game Saver Pro does everything I need. I have a big Smoker and use it a lot for packaging ribs, brisket and butt. Not so much the last couple of years.

One problem with the inexpensive units is they can't vacuum too much at one time. That is, you can't do too much with out letting the unit cool occasionally. So my experience they are reliable and work very well. I don't have any problem with the Pro over heating. Overheating will shorten the life of the pump.

The packaging material is really good for reheating. I place enough Ribs in a package, add a little liquid and seal it up. When we want to heat some we boil a big pot of water and toss them in. About 20 minutes and they are ready to go. They don't taste warmed over and are one of our favorites. Of course nothing beats straight out of the smoker for taste.

Frank

Game Saver Pro
Click the image to open in full size.

Game Saver
Click the image to open in full size.