View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kansas City Cabela's

hey flats,

I am in KC-- and I will swing by.

One question-- the furled leader presentations: the first one looks to be the twist by hand approach. the second leader demo (on sun.) doesn't mention 'without tools, or jigs, etc.'-- is this a repeat of the first demo?

alright, TWO questions::: these leaders, can you 'cast' them like you can a jig built furled leader? (by 'cast' them I am asking can you cast the leader by itself in your hand?) I build mine with a jig-- the only problem I have is storing the damned thing when I am not building leaders. And I twist 'by feel' (the only worthwhile drill I have is cordless and timing the twist isn't reliable.) I have been known to break a few lines by overtwisting-- thinking of something else and not watching my twist.....

At any rate, I will try the technique that you linked to. Thanks

See you there. There are a number of places to get a finely brewed beer right around Cabelas. I'll buy the first round if you have the time.