View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Let's Build a Rod Together

Hi Mojo,

Here is who has indicated they are in or are interested.

1. HuronRiverDan
2. Auntie Em
3. dmwphoto
4. wildtrout
5. tonysav
6. Ty 1 On
7. Diver Dan

I am not sure if Auntie Em and Diver Dan are going to make a rod or just help.

I think we have enough to get started. The Tiger Eye blanks seems to be well liked by many that have used them. I think the next step is to put together a parts list with prices so everyone knows what their project will cost for a specific sized rod. We need to tell everyone where to purchase the materials and then give them time to get every shipped and in hand.

Some Questions?

1. Is everyone going to make the same length/wt rod? Should we do a specific length/wt so the material list can be the same for everyone?

2. After we have a material list we need to advise where the materials can be purchased. If we can, it would be better to order everything from one place be each individual.

3. We need to advise what tools will be needed and how to make some basic things.

4. Some participants may find the cost too high or the construction is too complicated or too much work. So we need to reconfirm that everyone is good to go after they know what is involved.

We may stumble through this being our first time but in the end I think it will work out. This is going to be a great opportunity for anyone who has ever thought about making their own rod.

Frank