Thread: why fish
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: why fish

I posted my answer to another post but thought it applied to this post. So here it is: fly fishing is not all about catching fish. In some cases it is not the most efficient method but it is almost always the most enjoyable. Let me tell you why I fly fish for trout and salmon. Fly fishing is about being in some of the most beautiful spots in the world with no one but your best friend. It is about catching the biggest fish of your life and you are the only one who knows it. It is the feeling you get when you release a monster fish and it returns to its run. You rinse your hands and think, damn that was a nice fish and what a fight. It is about losing the next monster fish that takes your size 22 nymph. It is about catching a tiny little fish that you never forget because it took the first fly you ever tied. It is about sounds, sights and feelings that only comes from fly fishing. But of all the things I love about fly fishing for trout, the best is my fishing partner of 33 years. All of these things we have shared together. I would give away my bass boat if I could fly fish one more time with my friend.-----Frank