View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NJ Fly Fishing Show

I agree, it was a great show.

I underspent you by about 50% but I met a trio of tyers that specialize in tying up classic wets, streamers and salmon flies. In addition to their work, each of them also had a huge stash of materials for sale. Needless to say, it was a "kid in a candy store" day for me. Over-feathered and happy, I left the show thinking about what patterns I'd start tying up today.

Separately, I zipped around the corner of one of the aisles at the show and there was Kathy Beck doing a casting tutorial at the 100' indoor pool. Couldn't pass that one up! What a nice, easy casting stroke she has. Distance - no problem, accuracy - no problem and visual effort - virtually non-existent.

Anyone interested in further details or contact info on the tying materials, PM me.

Pocono