View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all
Default Re: Let's Build a Rod Together

It may be helpful to check out the site by J. Stockard fly fishing JS Fly Fishing: Rod Building Supplies, Fly Tying Materials They have a very good graph showing the size and numbers of guides for whatever size rod, and also a good spacing guide, showing where to position the guides on the blanks. This, while not gospel, is a good aid. Hook and Hackle also has good directions for building a rod, and a chart for numbers and placements of guides. Hook & Hackle Fly Fishing Tackle, Fly Fishing Supplies, Fly Tying Supplies and Fly Rod Building Supplies I am in NO WAY affiliated with either of these businesses, I like them, I like the people you deal with at each of them, they're fair priced, and customer orientated.

Webrx ... sorry I didn't address your other question. When you order your rod blank, ask the people you get it from to measure the tip, and order a tip top to fit. And, yes, from my position, everything will be done by hand. If you're going to automate it all, why bother doing it?

Last edited by Auntie Em; 01-24-2010 at 09:22 AM.