View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who's caught...?

I also haven't heard much about lakers being caught on a fly. From what I hear they're generally caught while trolling deep in fairly large lakes. I also seem to recall that they are in fact not a trout, but a Char.

Come to think of it, I have heard mixed views on whether Arctic Char and Dolly Varden are in fact the same thing or if Dollies are a form of Char or what. Does anybody know the whole truth about this classification relationship?

For that matter, how is it that Browns, Rainbows, Cutthtroats, and Goldens are viewed as true trout when the Browns originated over 4000 miles from the nearest native waters of the Western North American Trout species? (Rainbows, Cutthtroats, and Goldens) Add to that the fact that Brook Trout, which are in fact a Char originated right in the middle of those two areas. Any body know the deal here?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.