View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida Cold Kills Result in Fisheries Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by captdexter View Post
Capt. Dexter Simmons of KeyWestFlyFishing.com here. The cold weather did kill some snapper, grunts and ornamentals, a few snook and some barracuda here in the Key West area, BUT NO REPORTS DEAD TARPON, BONEFISH OR PERMIT HAVE COME IN. The upper Keys and mainland coastal Florida took the biggest hit as far as the BIG 3 SLAM species (Tarpon, Bonefish, Permit).
The newspaper article I saw on the fish kills had a photo. Smack in the middle of the photo, dead Bonefish. A friend of mine in FL told me he had a dead Tarpon by his house, along with a really big Grouper. One article I read said something like 7% of the states Snook may have joined the choir invisible. Thank goodness for Global warming. If it wasn't for that you'd be ice fishing for the survivors.
to the site. Captain!