Thread: Destin Florida
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Destin Florida

I actually tried fishing from the beach in Destin when I was 22 and on spring break. Caught nothing and was pretty dang cold, but I actually relished being the weirdo out there fishing amongst the lazy masses. Your 7 wt should be enough to handle most all the trout you could get into, but it may be tough to cast it in the wind. I recommend getting a sinking line of some sort (intermediate or faster) that will get down to where the fish are, break through the surface chop, and also cut through the wind. You'll probably be best off fishing chartreuse and white Cousers, Decievers, and maybe some surf candies or jiggies as well. Take some flies with yellow as well, sometimes trout seem to key in on yellow.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.