View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mono weed guards

I do the single mono loop weed gaurd all the time. You don't need to do the lighter part. I have been doing deer hair flies and put hair almost to the eye. After I get all the hair I'm putting on I put 4 or 5 wraps of thread and do a whip finish. Trim the deer hair to shape and put it back in the vice. Put the mono up through the eye and adjust where you want it. Then push it up against the bottom of the fly with your finger and get a few good wraps on it. Then pull the mono hard down over the top of the eye and back. get a few good turns on the thread. Clip the excess off the mono, finish the head and whip finish. I have never had one come loose yet. The stacking part is new for me.
Click the image to open in full size.