View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:11 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mono weed guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
For cork and foam bodies a down and dirty way to form a weed guard is to poke a hole in the body with a hot bodkin or pin and super gluing a piece of hard mono (Mason) in the hole.
I had the type of foam before where you had to use a hot bodkin to get legs through, then before I could pull it out, the thing got stuck. I ended up using a few choice words over that ordeal. That batch of poppers was the only ones I had ever done, until now. A fella told me about Perfect Poppers with soft bodies, and there was no turning back. So I just finished my first few poppers and sliders...and I am pleased with them. A bodkin can go through the body without being heated up. I was so thrilled about that. The bodkin went through, then I pulled it out and put a threader through the foam again....in the same holes...then attach the legs, pull though, and wahl lah...it is all working out great. Even better the popper bodies were given to me by someone who likes making his own. He uses a Dremmel I think to do this with. Poppers are fun to make, but a lot of work.