View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catching The Salmon Fly Bug; Materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
My newest is Alec Jackson 1.5 hooks. Embossed tinsel. Really good Bronze Mallard wing. And really nice Golden Pheasant crest.

Good link Pocono!
Here's a couple of more sources:

Jens Pilgaard - Fugl & Fjer Fluebinding (Denmark's a long ways to go, but his wing feathers are among the nicest that I've found; on a par with FeathersMc) You want an encyclopedic list of Salmon, Spey, Dee, etc. tying materials, this is the place to find it.

Castle Arms (Fred Castleman) - Fly Tying Feathers, Furs and Equipment. Everything for Classic Salmon Fly Tying.

Belvoirdale (Gaelic Supreme hooks, etc.) Belvoirdale

I've found that when it comes to materials, you can never have too many sources; particularly in this economy when you're "go to" source can suddenly disappear.