Thread: Fly Rod
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fly Rod

jt,

First, at this point I am figuring you are gonna trout fish. I will take a crack at this by advising you to first shop around both at any fly shops withing driving distance and online. Look at both combo sets and ala cart rods and reels. Once you think you have a few target brands lined up. Look here for opinions on those specific rigs.

Make sense? Some buzz name rods to check are, St Croix, Albright, Orvis, Sage, Loomis, Cabelas, (online) and TFO, that will be a start. Once you zero in on a rod there will be some obvious choices for a reel. Again, that is a good forum question, should I buy a --- or a ---.

Hope that helps a little,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;