Thread: Orvis Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orvis Rant

Cliff, going off the letter I saw before our store closed, Orvis transfered the production of the reels to an Asian Market because BFR was too expensive for the changes they wanted. At least that was the vibes.
The reel have been make in China for about the Last three years. I don't notice any difference other than the reel foot is a little thicker. I have a ring down lock on my new rod and the Asian reel foot are too thick. I contacted Orvis on this. They didn't have any of the older Reel foot, and they were sorry, but now they are aware of the problem. I ended up sanding mine down. Other than that....everything appears to be the same