View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: US Youth Fly Fishing Team

Almost everything I do now at 45 for fun was something I was competitive about when I was a child. I trained formally, practiced, made true diciplines out of these activities. Once I started paying for the roof over my head though...these activities became hobbies or side incomes, things I did in my spare time because I was adept at them. It would be so cool now if one of those activities had been competition fly fishing!

My son is already highly competitive, mostly with himself and the goals he sets. Any dicipline, anything that will push him to learn and perfect now, when he is young, is something I see he could use later in life to enrich his experience. He already thinks of fly fishing as the best way to fish circles around his friends. He's 12 but at 14 he may be interested in competition fly fishing..or he may feel like I do and keep the competition between him and the fish.

Montcopo is most likely learning valuable lessons in leadership and in marketting to target audiences. Priceless lessons at any age.