Thread: Czech Nymphing
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Czech Nymphing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Over here we would call it high stick nymphing. Especially good in smaller streams. When I high stick I use 2 flies and just fish the leader like they do in Czech Nymphing. My 9' 6" 5 weight works just fine for me.

Frank, it really isn't high sticking. If anything it is Short Lining.
It is not done on stillwater, it is done on fast moving deep pooled rivers with VERY heavy flies. They also use up to 5 droppers, but in this case, the bottom flie is the very heavily weighted fly (NO SPLIT SHOT) with the others dangling off the leader, like tree branches.
By heavy flies, I mean this flies are weighed in grains and you can feel how heavy they are. You will be amazed as to how big of flie will catch fish. Huge scuds, that you would never think would work. You are dragging the fly across.
Alot of people have gotten confused on the difference between high sticking and Czech Nymphing.

Plus a 10 foot rod is really nice for this.