Thread: Czech Nymphing
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Czech Nymphing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Frank, it really isn't high sticking. If anything it is Short Lining.
It is not done on stillwater, it is done on fast moving deep pooled rivers with VERY heavy flies. Alot of people have gotten confused on the difference between high sticking and Czech Nymphing.

Plus a 10 foot rod is really nice for this.
Hi Jonie,

You are confusing me, what does still water have to do with my comments? OK so they can Czech Nymph and I will High Stick Nymph using the same type of flies and the same technique. They use a high rod position, I use a high rod position . They fish just the leader, I fish just the leader. We can call it what ever but to my mind they are basically the same technique.

Frank