Thread: Just ordered!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:26 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just ordered!

I haven't cast the Albright, but I hope that you enjoy it.

As for 8 weights. Just the other day, the shop's casting instructor and I went to the local park and lawn casted a bunch of 8 weights with various lines. We found that some rods work better with certain lines and some work well with a variety of lines. Nowadays, it's hard to find a stinker because most rods are very well made.

Here are a few questions for you.
1. Primarily what fish will you be targeting with this rod? Other types of fish?
2. What kind of action do you prefer?
3. What kinds of lines will you use?
4. What types of flies will you use?
5. Will the rod be used by wading/walking, from a skiff (panga), from a kayak, or any combination of?
6. Is there a budget that you are trying to stay around?

I'll try to narrow down the selection on how you answer the questions, but you should cast the rods for yourself. I'm sure we have our own different casting quirks.

MP