Thread: Inlays.....
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inlays.....

I'm working on a complete video on the steps for building a fly rod. I'm going to break it up into tem minute sections so I can post it on you tube and imbed it in the thread "let's build a rod together" on this forum. I have two fly rods in the works right now and am doing both ways to do a feather inlay. Here is a picture of my rods with feather inlays, a Tarpon weave (2nd from the top),and a cross wrap. You don't see weaves or cross wraps much on fly rods. If you look at a couple of the feather inlays, you see the Grey Peacock Pheasant feathers with round "eyes" in them. Getting those to stay round is the reason for the second way to do inlays. Building fly rods is not as hard as it sounds. I recommend trying it to everyone. It's very satisfying to catch a fish on a fly you tied, even more so when you built the rod as well.
Click the image to open in full size.