View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flytying tips and techniques.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthaul View Post
ALong the same lines of storage, I had a Bonnard plastic box with about 20 compartments that i had for hook storage---the lid fit tightly so the sizes would not mix. I thought i found the perfect organizer.

THE PROBLEM

One day i left the lid overhang the table and when my elbow hit it, flipped it off the table and throwing 1500 hooks to the floor in about a 5 ' circle. I spent 2 days picking up and separating hooks from size 28 to 4.

THE SOLUTION

I got a business card organizer that had pages of vinyl pockets (about 40) to slide 2x3 business cards into---I found some 2x3" 4 mil ziplock bags (McMaster.com) with a writable window on them and put a small piece of of index card in them to make them stiffer to slide the bags into the slots. I usually cut a part of the box to further identify the contents. Now my "accident exposure" is one bag of 100 hooks and chances are that they wont fly out of the bag if dropped.
I had a very similar accident. I'm not sure if I ever did find all the hooks. My solution was to take those refigerator magnet cards and calanders you get all the time, and cut pieces that fit the bottom of the sections. The hooks stick to them pretty well. It may not stop a mess if you fling it hard to the floor, but it will make it smaller and keeps most of it in place and stops the little hooks flying out when the lid goes 'pop'.